george carlin politicians transcript

george carlin politicians transcript

Im sure as soon as the election is over your country will improve immediately. Something is definitely wrong. They own you. In 2008, he was posthumously awarded the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. They got you by the balls. And the worst part is that social media has become a platform for outrage and self-righteousness. He often spoke about his youth in Catholic school and, as a result of his particular schools relatively liberal approach to education, he says, he was given the intellectual freedom to eventually reject the faith. "In America, anyone can become president. I mean, have you ever looked at people's Facebook or Instagram profiles? You and I are not in the big club. everybody complains about politicians. It's like a sewer of hate and stupidity. I dont vote. People just spewing their uninformed opinions and insults at each other. But I'm sure they will still remove this. Everybodys at the mall scratching his ass, picking his nose, taking out his credit card out of a fannie-pack, and buying a pair of sneakers with lights in them. First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Complete biography of George Carlin . As for me, Ill be home on that day, doing essentially the same thing as you. Then read it again. Thank you. You know, those posts that pretend to be modest, but really they're just a way of showing off. There's a whole world out there waiting for you, and it's much more interesting than anything you'll find on social media.". Mr. GEORGE CARLIN: Here's another slogan you run into all the time "God Bless America." Once again, respectfully I say to myself what the (beep) does that mean. xWnF}WDh%&^6F%&T{84e[A0@-3wUr-*l:, XF{HT+T0?LL q8"y1yY0LV"vQ|8:GwPBr,&]Qt7oz5n Maybe you'll find some of the features useful , Ignore this comment if your post doesn't have a prompt. So, maybemaybemaybe its not the politicians who suck. Shut the fuck up! ), Stay up to date with the latest Digital Ants Network (DAN) versions in our channel, All of these features are available at no cost to you. George Carlin was one of the most well-known and beloved comedians of all time. George Carlin: How you doing? The planet is fine. He pretty much smashed the nail squarely on the head. This wiki was last updated on 11 Apr 2012 by: Today we're opening contributions to all readers. [wptabs style=wpui-mre-basic mode=horizontal background=false] His political commentary was scathing and on par with any of the greats, Pryor, Chappelle, Bruce. You're just trying to impress people you don't even know. George Carlin does not need my platitudes, but I will still proffer them. Theyve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. Everybody complains about politicians. But a comedian has the ability to use their anger and intelligence to refocus and reconstruct their pain into entertainment. And by the way, it's the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. So I have solved this little political dilemma for myself in a very simple way: on election-day, I-STAY-HOME. 'Look at me, I'm so happy and successful and loved!' %%EOF George Carlin Politicians | Christopher-S Vige | Marc Allan: Hi. Oh, I gotta share this with my friends, you know what you should do? George Carlin on the language of politics - YouTube I think what we really need more of is ritual suicide, you know. "A transcript of George Carlin talking about Social Media" Full transcript of George Carlin's "Dumb Americans," excerpted from "Life is Worth Losing, his 13th live comedy stand-up special, performed at the Beacon Theatre in New York City for HBO. Carlin was noted for his black comedy and reflections on politics, the English language, psychology, religion, and various taboo subjects. everybody complains about politicians. Quote by George Carlin: "Political correctness is America's newest form George Carlin > Quotes > Quotable Quote (?) George Carlin on Voting transcript | iComedyTV.com Dst7cSE99`YpOqBp@&+69ykl95-! Everybody says they suck. So, I know that a little later on this year youre gunna have another one of those really swell presidential elections that you like so much [Bill Clinton v. Bob Dole]. He and his "seven dirty words" comedy routine were central to the 1978 U.S. Supreme Court case F.C.C. They want obedient workers. (LAUGHS). George Carlin speech at the National Press Club (May 13, 1999) "George Carlin delivered a humorous speech in which he ma Show more Show more George Carlin on Being Arrested for. We're not rats', Rectorial address, Glasgow University - 1972, For Geoffrey Tozer: 'I have to say we all let him down', by Paul Keating - 2009, for James Baldwin: 'Jimmy. Yeah, the public sucks! If it's a really serious matter, they make a JUDGMENT: POLITICIAN: I HAVEN'T MADE A JUDGMENT ON THAT. Trump Follower? Incidentally, another way of expressing this sentiment is to say we're sending our young men and women to places the average American can't find on the map. We'll start with the first three, and I'll use the Roman Catholic version because those are the ones I was fed as a little boy. Sure, there's some good stuff on there, but it's mostly just people filming themselves doing stupid things and hoping to go viral. Compared to the people, the planet is doing great. And don't get me started on the selfies. George Carlin Quotes on Politics - LiveAbout Everybody complains about politicians. George Carlin was known for his insightful and humorous observations on modern society, including his thoughts on social media. Write your screenplay and focus on the story with many helpful features. Do you think its possible that one of these POLITICIANS whose judgment is so poor that he honestly thinks of himself as serving the Nation might occasionally be expected to indulge in little patriotism huh What do you think? 4 0 obj From his 1992 (first ever LIVE) HBO TV special "Jammin' in New York", performed in from of 6,500 people at Madison Square Gardens. m o n t c l a i r . While you're here, we have a public discord server. ,G0p%:::400-: @%L`n((lax@\0eF,q] \ .P+4 d3;P hnN*S fxsH>XDAA#beae:i5rY3h11(31013a_p_&]37CD\&k2N@TD}. CNN.com - Transcripts Now normally during peace times the politician would refer to people in the military as: POLITICIAN:OUR YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN STATIONED AROUND THE WORLD. <>stream George Carlin: In football, the object is for the quarterback, otherwise known as the field general, to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the defense by . Maybe something else sucks around here like: THE PUBLIC. And we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over two hundred years. He spoke about his book "Brain Droppings" and answered questions submitted by the audience. But marital fidelity is a good idea, so I suggest we keep the idea and call this commandment "Thou shalt not be unfaithful." And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shitty jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now theyre coming for your Social Security money. Now, in the interest of logicsomething religion has a really hard time withI'm going to skip around the list a little bit: THOU SHALT NOT STEAL. Nobody cares what you had for breakfast, or what your cat did, or what your opinion is on the latest political scandal. Thats right. It's a Big Club, and You Ain't in It: George Carlin as Social and Isnt it a bit ironic, though, that the audience is laughing at all this when, essentially, Carlin is saying to them, directly to their faces, that they are stupid? Very relevant for these times of high public paranoia about Global Warming! Look, I'm not against technology or communication. His final HBO special, It's Bad for Ya, was filmed less than four months before his death. It's like the Wild West of the internet, but with more trolls. e d u / e t d / 4 7 1)/Rect[72.0 131.7406 279.0264 143.4594]/StructParent 6/Subtype/Link/Type/Annot>> Montclair State University Digital Commons But wheres the logic in that? Your email address will not be published. Here Is What You Support, Stop The Steal! POLITICIAN:I'M IN PUBLIC SERVICE, I LIKE AMERICA DON'T YOU? Updated on May 30, 2018. However, most of his bile was reserved for conservatives and Republicans. 192 0 obj It's the perfect name because it's anti-social media. Cause Americans have a lot of trouble dealing with reality. Forget the politicians. This country was bought and sold and paid for a long time ago. Who in fact did not even leave the house on election-day, am in no way responsible for what these people have done, and have every RIGHT to complain as loud as I want, about the mess YOU created, that I had nothing to do with. These are the websites where people go to express themselves, right? Carlin considered conservatives and Republicans the greedy, warmongering class in political ideologies. Recorded on November 5, 2005, Beacon Theater, New York City, New York. You can't have an opinion anymore without being labeled as something. Results like these do not belong on the rsum of a Supreme Being. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Use the actual ChatGPT bot (not GPT-3 models) for all your conversational needs, Try out the powerful GPT-3 bot (no jailbreaks required for this one), Generate unique and stunning images using our AI art bot, Chat with the BING Chat bot and see what it can come up with (new and improved!

Mound City Council Candidates, Hennessy Pure White Texas, Job Board Integration, Delaney Funeral Home Obituaries, One Family House For Rent Paterson, Nj, Articles G

Comments are closed.