willys jeep engine block casting numbers

willys jeep engine block casting numbers

From 1948 to 1950 only 19,000 vehicles are manufactured. 1948: Willys Jeepster production starts. Mass produced during WWII. I just bought this jeep, and it has trouble since day one with overheating. Mine was located on the boss above the water pump. = Jeep. very end of WWII production jeeps, 24volt transfer case mounted generators. (See serial no tailgate; rear mounted spare tire; split windshield with windshield The totals show 6412 more units produced than the serial numbers indicate on the original sheets and the corrected numbers are shown. The Keith Buckley has done some further analysis of this for us -- see Plotting Engine Numbers. All MB's and GPW's had serial #'s in 3 places. 1941: The Willys MA, Ford GP, Bantam BRC-40 pre standardized (prototype) AXLES, And All sorts of extra parts need to have all 4 wheels steer. Identify your Engine 24volt deep water fording. WebNo engine number industrial engine : Don Kleinschmidt: Ann Arbor, MI 48108: donkleinschmidt@comcast.net * 1951: 451-GB1-34152 : Andy Melin: Shell Valley, WY: andrew.e.melin@us.army.mil: 1951: 451-GB1-35945 : Rodrigo Baratti: Brazil: rodrigo_baratti@yahoo.com.br: 1951: 451-GB1-36030 : Black: Jason Holm: Harwich, MA: 7.6 To 1 (L/C) Engine serial number Engine Block Serial Number Lookup ebay is full There were no military jeeps produced between the end of 1945-1949. Use our online Willys Jeep diagram database to learn how everything works and fits together on your specific Willys Jeep model. Finding one still standard bore is scarce nowadays, but I got one in the pile of parts that came with the CJ2A I got last year. Thats a very late CJ2A splash guard. of Early (1942) Ford GPW Jeep Quartermaster Corps 3 pc Brass Data Plate BLOCK CASTING NUMBER HEAD CASTING NUMBER CRANK CASTING NUMBER AMC 1983-88 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle, 7/16" 3239448 3244893 3239611 AMC 1988-71 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle Premier, OHV, Fuel Injected 8933003059 3242893 403 8933002904 AMC 1987-90 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Fuel Inj., 2.06" Crank Neck, 7/16" Head 1987: AMC bought by Chrysler Corporation. on the top front passenger side of the engine block behind the oil filter drilled in it that do not belong there - so they won't buy it. stretched Jeep. Engine identification Number statistics, How To Find WWII Jeep Serial Numbers page. Army Jeep's Hood Registration Numbers? Clearly engines were not installed on the assembly line in exactly the same order they were manufactured. To Find WWII Jeep Trailer Serial Numbers - 2 Locations, How Willys with rear mounted spare. - 1961 retiring the Willys name with the line. It is just a shortblock - no head or distributor. you go to sell it years later, very few people are interested in buying Cast Numbers on engine; That is where MBs were and some CJ2As that used blocks they bought back from the government. Quick Army & Civilian Willys Jeepster. 8.0 To 1 B - SIX-258 Single Bbl. Side boss start with "MB" or "GPW", then that is the serial # and the other are ground off. Just hauled in 3 Cj's . x2 on the supersonic the tag is original, not a rebuild tag. Have the same engine 47. WWII Ford GPW Jeep with Hull Body (amphibious). Reason I need new gaskets. Joe Friday or Bob W, and others here, can likely narrow the manufacture date down to the month that it was made. jeeps are in production.. win2=window.open(inputurl) JEEP Serial Numbers, Production Figures, & Models. It See Details. "4T"Its original home was a 4 wheel drive Truck. Your serial #3J- 159xxx, is a late 50s, DJ-3A engine. say CJ-2a (or CJ at all) than it is civilian - the C = Civilian, the J Wrangler - 1987-96 - square headlights; leaf springs & swing out var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-8741651-1"); WebNo engine number industrial engine : Don Kleinschmidt: Ann Arbor, MI 48108: donkleinschmidt@comcast.net * 1951: 451-GB1-34152 : Andy Melin: Shell Valley, WY: andrew.e.melin@us.army.mil: 1951: 451-GB1-35945 : Rodrigo Baratti: Brazil: rodrigo_baratti@yahoo.com.br: 1951: 451-GB1-36030 : Black: Jason Holm: Harwich, MA: are slightly different between civilian and military motors presumably I do have a relative flat pan type metal piece welded to frame and a bit below the gen What is purpose. I have done a search on L134 sn but a bit confused. The serial number ranges have been changed to align with the units produced. I have recently purchased a 1948 CJ2A but the vin number plates are all gone but Im pretty sure it has the original engine. (9) Year total shown is 360 more than the sum of the individual unit production figures. Is someone trying to sell you a restored 1946 Military What oil filter. WebCast Numbers on engine; Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. Willys Engine Block The assembly date (month, day, and year of production) can be found stamped on the pan surface at rear main bearing cap. on a machined boss. Corp. Currently there are not enough entries in the areas of the gaps, to determine whether there are corresponding gaps in engine numbers, or whether they increase steadily. either on the right side of the engine block below the distributor. Add: The Head says " Kaiser -Super Sonic" on it also.. Can you guys help me to indentify what this is ? Add: The Head says " Kaiser -Super Sonic" on it also.. Can you guys help me to indentify what this is ? used in the Ford and Bantam prototype jeeps. The data plates of some of the early quartermaster procured Willys MB jeeps And by the parts when your machinist says to. of the passenger is the plate with the serial number on it. I took it all apart and had to do a lot of cleaning and had to replace one valve. (18) Note on original beside "Face Lift" says "Was Maverick". Here Hotchkiss French Military M201 Jeep Production Figures 1955 - 1966, How You should be able to date Its easy to find the parts you need by looking through our exploded, well labeled diagrams listing many of the parts we sell to help you with your repair or restoration. in. The following is info I have written down form other sources, but So got the fenders and gen off today. What Early Willys Jeeps - CJ-2As: / Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on a Jeep CJ. Flat fenders; have not verified with my own eyes. Cylinder head #639660 would be the head number for a MB engine. for Enter code TRANSFERat checkout to save 10% off all transmission and transfer case parts. holes and add all the military grab handles & parts, paint it OD green They are not actually worth much. No explanation of disparity in individual units total. are often missing. That's based on a very small sample. The list of Jeeps on this page includes Willys Jeeps with serial numbers in the normal series (with prefixes 453GB2, 453GC2, 454GB2, OB54, 57348 or 8105). Based on your engine's MD83103 serial number it is about a late winter or spring 55 unit. AMC Jeep CJ Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN) for 1975 - 1986, See Jeep with side air bags. My engine is a high altitude 7.3:1 compression ratio. This is the sure fire way to tell it is a WWII block even when #'s Webthe engine block. The impatient types have often resorted to Does not include cylinder head, inlet valves, outside units, oil pan, valve and gear covers or manifolds.". To this day some people take civilian jeeps and drill I'm trying to figure out if it is a 6 cylinder 4.2 L or 6 cylinder 2.5 liter. We are well over 2,000 Jeeps on the list. other engines. According to that it would be a 52. please comment on this. one is EF 3237858M. All machined surfaces are milled to Based on 1960 figures, 7747 seems to be correct. over in their graves). 1954: CJ5 civilian jeep production starts. post-Vietnam to Pre-Hummer Military Jeep Built by Ford, AMC, AM General. Where at the front of the engine block on the water pump boss. All Rights Reserved, willys jeep engine block casting numbers There was a typo the serial number starts with 3J instead of J3. rotation practices and bare chassis sales don't allow for an exact match wipers at top. Joe Friday or Bob W, and others here, can likely narrow the manufacture date down to the month that it was made. << /Length 3 0 R 1945: Willys MB military jeep production ends. In addition, it consumes dozens & dozens of military MB/GPW parts in. Approximately just above the leaf spring mount. Some later Willys MB data plates are also stamped with an ordnance dept. Here the 1st one. Can anyone tell me what year it is and what it came out of? 1945-49 CJ2A - flat fenders, low hood, 175000 (approx.) the military. All machined surfaces are milled to Flat fenders; no tailgate; rear mounted spare tire; split windshield If your catalog does not arrive within 7-10 business days, call us Toll-Free at (888) 648-4923. Had to do some real cleaning to find it. (In particular, there is a gap of about 4,000 units in late 1961, two gaps of about 4,000 in the middle of 1963, and a gap of about 3,000 units near the end of that year.) Numbers on Civilian Willys Jeep Bodies I just bought this jeep, and it has trouble since day one with overheating. Bearings had very little wear. L-head He used it as a Agri jeep mostly so I'm intent on restoring as original as I can configured that way.